Thursday 30 June 2016

Rajma (Kidney beans) Salad: A colorful and healthy delight

I have been asked often about my sudden weight loss these days by many people. No, its not that I am slim now, but I'm definitely slimmer than what I used to be before my marriage. 

Some months before my wedding, I started going jogging, exercising , dancing and of course changing my eating habits. Its not that I diet till I die. Instead I started decreasing my carb intake.

So, I am sharing one of my favorite home made salad which I and my Mother invented those days.

Ingredients: For 2 servings

Red bell pepper- 1
Yellow bell pepper- 1
Green capsicum- 1
Broccoli- 4-5 mouths
Small Onion- 1
Boiled Kidney beans or Rajma- 1 cup
Vinegar- 5 tbsp
Sugar 3/4 tbsp
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Procedure:

Soak the Rajma (kidney beans) overnight in water. The next day boil them in a cooker for 15- 20 minutes on sim with salt and a pinch of turmeric. Meanwhile blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes after cutting them in the size you want to and drain the water. 

Start chopping the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green capsicum and onion finely. you can also add corn kernels or any other vegetable you want, I like the taste of these veggies only :)

In a small bowl pour the vinegar and add sugar to it and keep it aside to dissolve.

Strain the rajma and keep the excess water aside, you can use it to knead flour or anything else.

Take a mixing bowl and add the Rajma, broccoli, chopped veggies and mix. Add the dissolved mixture of vinegar and sugar and mix again. Now, add salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your taste and give it a final mix.

Serve the salad in a nice plate, you can eat this salad with nachos too.



                                                               Have a healthy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment